My Favorite Books

  • Mr Lincoln's Way
  • Pink and Say
  • Thunder Cake
  • Chicken Sunday
  • Thank You, Mr. Falker
  • For the Love of Autumn
  • The Client
  • The Last Juror
  • The Appeal

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Thing #5

Wow..this is amazing! The feed that I decided to read today was about teachers taking a year off from their school to teach abroad. This is something that I have thought about doing many times! I would really like to share what I know with kid who do not have the same opportunities that our kids do. I am sure when the good Lord feels that it is time for me to do this he will make it happen. Until then, I can read about the great things that others are doing.

http://www.infinitethinking.org/2009/06/teachers-without-borders-off-to-africa.html

Teachers Without Borders off to Africa

Monday, June 08, 2009
Posted by Lucie deLaBruere

3 comments:

  1. That is something I would really like to do also. Maybe when Ally is a little older though. My husband can work from anywhere that has internet access so it could be possible. Like you, someday maybe the Lord will take me there too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds fascinating! I remember when Ron Clark came and talked at our Convocation. That was one of the things that resonated with me...he took his students abroad. These were students right here in America who had no opportunities before. That would be so fulfilling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound so cool. When I hit that lottery, I'm doing it!

    ReplyDelete